|Deison & Mingle / Everything Collapse[D]|
|Add Date:||2015-02-06|| ||Pull Date:||2015-04-10|| ||Charts:||Classical/Experimental|
|Week Ending:||12 Apr||5 Apr||29 Mar||22 Mar||15 Mar||8 Mar||1 Mar||22 Feb|
Deison & Mingle|
Reviewed by BravoMarco
This is a slow indulgent collection of bleak experimental, brought to us by the duo of Cristiano Deison & Andrea Gastaldello (Mingle) Superb blend of droney, loop driven electronica. All slower paced & all bloody good.
Like: Cabaret Voltaire, Rene Hall (LA Duo), Keith Le Blanc, The Cure (Carnage Visors). Great addition to KZSU. Loving them all.
No FCC’s (All Instrumentals / Apart from last track on the last track)
1) Optokinetic Reflex (Glassy Eyes (4.52) Sparse murmurs – delicate yet caustic. Picks up the beat halfway in. Head nodding ecstasy.
2) Everything Collapses (5.30) Deliberate & mesmerizing, throbbing slow beat with multiple layers.
3) Nessun Desiderio (Decriminaction)(6.14) The slow Joy Division-like opening builds to a decaying landscape soundtrack. Measured even paced isolation.
4) Out Of The Blue (Rain) (4.47) Piano led, interlaced with a droney backdrop sound. Beat keeps the pulse just about going. Pick of the bunch.
5) Settled Apathy (Hospital) (7.41) Footsteps set the scene, punchy beats with plenty of echo. The respirator still seems to be working at the end.
6) One Million Parsec From The Sun (5.17) Field recordings, a piano & a huge drone sound – With a few blips & blobs thrown in for good measure.
7) An Estranged Perspective (Time Off) (5.58) Even slower than the previous, similar set up, only with an unrelenting beat tearing away at you.
8) Static Inertia (17.43) One: All the best of the above, drawn out in a leisurely fashion. Static blips, piano drone, loops, effects & spoken word. Glorious. Fades out after 5.30 – Two: 6.30 – Whirlitzer / Merry-Go-Round style with heavy distortion on a loop. Three: 9.26 Neo folk influenced – Male vocals with a melancholy energy to it (Death In June / Harm Wulf)