|Gnod / Just Say No To The Psycho Right-Wing Capitalist Fascist Industrial Death Machine|
|Add Date:||2017-04-12|| ||Pull Date:||2017-06-14|| |
|Week Ending:||18 Jun||11 Jun||4 Jun||21 May||14 May||7 May||30 Apr||23 Apr|
JUST SAY NO TO THE PSYCHO RIGHT-WING CAPITALIST FASCIST INDUSTRIAL DEATH MACHINE is the newest release from the Salford-based heavy psych group Gnod. Desperate howls, tribal krautrock and dance beats, hazy guitar riffs characterize this feverish political masterpiece. Highly recommended.|
Related: White Hills, Carlton Melton, Psychic Paramount, leftist punk
1. (5:46) Bodies for Money—FCC fuck. Pounding industrial headbanger. Stark melodic breakdown midway. “Bodies for money, money for bodies.” Sheet of wailing noise descends in last few minutes.
2. (9:47) ** People—Distorted aquatic noise, some extremely low radio recordings about conspiracy. Slowly pounding drums and grinding riffs take over.
3. (4:49) *** Paper Error—Dense trip, locks into an entrancing groove. Sort of like a heavier Wedding Present.
4. (7:39) ** Real Man—Slow doom intro, mostly drums with some buzz and ominous guitar. Stays fairly minimalist and consistent with some occasional heavy riffage.
5. (12:29) **** Stick in the Wheel—Driving drum intro, discernible vocals. Frequent noise breakdowns, second half is extremely soft ambient with some tapping and piano. The soundtrack for a 3am drive in reckless abandon. “Don’t want to be a cog in the machine, don’t want to be a stick in the wheel”