You Blew it! – Abendrot|
A group of Florida guys take on emo revival. They have a more mature sound on this release, favoring lush soundscapes over spastic melodies. Mellow, crooning and wailing male vox, mostly midtempo.
RIYL: Turnover, Balance and Composure, Into It. Over It.
Favorite tracks: 5, 6
1. (1:59) Epaulette – FCC: fuck 1:24. Slow, round and mellow strumming.
2. (3:01) Like Myself – Midtempo mourning for a lost sense of self. Builds up to a tempered burst of emotion about 2/3rds into the song
3. (2:54) Sundial Song – Bass and drums take focus halfway through, drudging but not too heavy
4. (3:38) Greenwood – Round, mellow, noisy
*5. (2:50) Autotheology – Fuzzed out, sharp guitars riffs make a surprise appearance
*6. (2:50) Hue – smooth, warm, full-bodied chord progression defines this song
7. (2:39) Canary – like the song before, but with a restrained build-up section
8. (3:45) Forecasting – stops and starts, stifled restlessness
9. (2:45) Minorwye – haunting, lo-fi, clacking percussion effects towards the end. Feels like a filler track
10. (4:39) Arrowhead – melancholy, starts stripped-back and slow then builds to a fuller, symphonic gloom
11. (3:24) Basin & Range – sections alternate between uptempo and simpler, bass and drum driven parts
12. (2:10) Kerning -- slow, mostly piano and vox with some organ-like droning
--a.b. en masse