|Jesus And Mary Chain, The / Damage And Joy|
|Add Date:||2017-04-12|| ||Pull Date:||2017-06-14|| |
|Week Ending:||11 Jun||4 Jun||28 May||21 May||14 May||7 May||30 Apr||23 Apr|
For a band who made their name pushing the envelope, it’s fair to say ‘Damage and Joy’ isn’t going to be rewriting expectations and reshaping opinions. “Damage and Joy” has many of the unmistakable hallmarks of vintage JAMC: Jim Reid’s whispery vocals, driving, often feedbacking guitars, echoey wall-of-sound production — but it also has startlingly good pop-rock songs and, even more startlingly, guest female vocalists on six of its 14 tracks.|
Like: Jesus and Mary Chain :)
FCC on 1,5,12,13
1. ***Amputation (3:24) Tumbleweed of fuzz
2. ***War On Peace (4:34) Blazing arena-ready uptick in percussion.
3. **All Things Pass (4:34) Coolness and fury in a driving welter of guitars.
4. **Always Sad (2:52) Pure JAMC, sad pop.
5. **Song For A Secret (3:21) Old school JAMC drums, escalating bells and waves of fuzzy guitar-work.
6. The Two Of Us (4:12) Sounds like a the Beach Boys cover but is not.
7. Los Feliz (Blues And Greens) (4:54) “God bless America” kind of country song.
8. ***Mood Rider (4:04) Classic JAMC oldshcool song.
9. **Presidici (Et Chapaquiditch) (3:36) Sublime and really should be the next single.
10.***Get On Home (3:31) Happy JAMC having a good time.
11. **Facing Up To The Facts (3:05) Fuzzy guitars an a lot of tambourines.
12. Simian Split (4:41) Warbling sax and frenetic drum fills.
13. Black And Blues (3:23) Mid tempo ballad.
14. Can't Stop The Rock (3:21) This one is with Linda Reid they release the song in a 2005 single.