|Crutchfield, Allison / Tourist In This Town|
|Add Date:||2017-04-19|| ||Pull Date:||2017-06-21|| |
|Week Ending:||18 Jun||11 Jun||4 Jun||28 May||21 May||14 May||7 May||30 Apr|
|miss black eyeliner|
Allison Crutchfield of P.S. Eliot’s revealing solo project. A new wave synth-pop breakup album with a light feel but powerful lyrics.|
FCC Violations: 6, 8
Reminds me of Adult Mom, Waxahatchee
Favorite Tracks: 2, 4, 6, 8
1. (3:30) A cappella intro but has instrumental accompaniment later, strong vocals.
2. (2:25)* Surfy guitar riffs overlain by musical theater-esque vocals. Cute.
3. (2:31) Dreamy, soft.
4. (4:17)* Prominent drums. Fun, simple, pop vocals.
5. (4:38) Slow, sleepy, longing. Very simple instrumentals.
6. (2:30)* FCC: shit (1:41). Album titled after this song. Cheeky, conversational lyrics.
7. (3:57) Very heavy on synthesizers. Resentful lyrics contrast with relatively upbeat sound.
8. (0:56)* FCC: shit (0:26). Very short, most fast-paced/energetic/punk rock track of the album.
9. (3:21) Light-hearted love song, a little bit repetitive. Fun synths.
10. (4:28) Vulnerable lyrics. Pretty long outro.