Cool experimental punk rock (?) album from Athens, GA fronted by a female vocalist. Gritty and occasionally slightly searing, overall a consistently solid album.|
RIYL: Speedy Ortiz, Girlpool, Lucy Dacus, Mitski, Anna McClellan
Favorites: 3, 9
*1. “Fast and Great” (03:57) Uptempo, a strong start to the album.
2. “Hair of the Rat” (03:41) A little darker/rougher
*3. “Cantaloupe Song” (01:32) A bit ethereal, light and airy, mysterious
4. “Knee Socks” (05:04) Starts off slower/calmer, Picks up around 1:42 w/ more of a rock vibe then stays pretty consistent for the rest of the track
5. “Greek Hotel” (07:16) Long, driving rock ballad w/ a slowed down section in the middle. Ends fast and lowd.
6. “Pith” (4:20) Darker slower song w/ some higher pitched vox and semi-unsettling background sounds.
7. “Garlands of Celery” (02:59) fuzzy rock tune.
8. “Misses Daddy Long Legs” (04:04) slower, hazier, then picks up and gets a little louder, nice slower breakdown at the end
*9. “Buy High, Sell Low” (05:26) starts w/ rhythmic percussion, one of the clearest tracks vocally, a pleasant end to the album