|Exmortus / Sound Of Steel, The|
|Add Date:||2018-09-13|| ||Pull Date:||2018-11-15|| ||Charts:||Loud|
|Week Ending:||21 Oct||14 Oct||7 Oct||23 Sep||16 Sep|
LA based thrash metal band with death metal style growling vocals and highly energetic dual neoclassical lead guitars. The intricate and melodic guitar work keeps things exciting and helps elevate this album. Many of the tracks are focused on battle themes, and I've highlighed some standouts below.|
1)* (4:02) Highly energetic with great guitar
2) (3:41) Not as much lead featured but an interesting solo
3)* (4:29) A bit reminiscent of Iced Earth. Great use of lead over vocals during the chorus.
4)* (5:49) Another energetic track with strong leads incorporated throughout
5) (2:58) Instrumental with driving drums and somewhat more laid back dual guitar
6) (4:38) Strong opening riff and lead. High pitched accompanying vocals a bit odd / forced at times.
7)* (3:57) Nice guitar harmonies and leads alongside vocals
8)* (4:09) Instrumental that's very influenced by Beethoven
9) (4:55) Slow chant that builds to leads and fast paced mid section
10) (3:41) Fast energetic gallop