|Skolnick, Alex Trio / Conundrum|
|Add Date:||2018-10-08|| ||Pull Date:||2018-12-10|| ||Charts:||Jazz|
|Week Ending:||9 Dec||2 Dec||25 Nov||18 Nov||21 Oct||14 Oct|
Jazz fusion trio formed by Testament guitarist Alex Skolnick has finally hit its stride with a tight, powerful, and varied set of original tracks. While the album exhibits large heaps of technical mastery, composition and melody are always the driving force. All tracks are good, but I've noted a few that stood out.|
1) (6:26) Chorus heavy guitar. Memorable melody.
2) (4:46) Slow tango with laid back and haunting guitar lead, bass solo.
3)* (8:20) Slow fingerpicking start, interesting musical changes, sweet bass solos.
4) (5:33) Slow strumming and fingerpicking start, bass solo
5)* (6:10) Country influenced with some Al Di Meola mixed in for good measure.
6) (7:49) Slow drums, joined by guitar strums and bass, Django Reinhardt sounding guitar solo, bass solo
7) (5:33) Slow guitar, powerful melodies.
8)* (5:02) Fun, foot tapping guitar melodies, various solos.
9) (4:59) Slow guitar, drums, and bass, jazzy. Electric lead towards end.