|Add Date:||2012-04-14|| ||Pull Date:||2012-06-17|| ||Charts:||RPM/Electronica|
|Week Ending:||17 Jun||10 Jun||3 Jun||27 May||20 May||13 May||29 Apr||22 Apr|
Danish disco house darling Kasper Bjørke returns with an album full of happy, bouncy house. The sound varies from edgy synthesizer experiments to straight up disco house with some help on the vocals from Jacob Bellens and Laid Back (you know, ‘White Horse,’ right?). Some tracks are borderline cheesy, but Bjørke mostly keeps it cool and tight. Give this a spin if you like Hercules and Love Affair, Tensnake, Who Made Who, and Nicolas Jaar.|
Try: 6, 9, 8 2
1) 4:39 Bouncy groove. Weird vocal style and lyrics. Hints of disco, a far-away piano.
2) 4:04 * Disco/house. Light and fluffy with a touch of whistling.
3) 4:08 Pretty banal lyrics and a somewhat forgettable melody. Cool harmonies, though.
4) 4:06 Odd little pop song with a Depeche Mode feel. Gloomy synthesizers in the background.
5) 1:18 Short synthesizer interlude.
6) 9:36 * Starts out with distorted guitars. Slowly develops a funky groove. Ennio Moricone stops by a nightclub.
7) 3:14 More free-form, slightly acidic. Lots of rough synth edges.
8) 9:59 * Strange groove with all kinds of synth variations and hushed vocals.
9) 4:59 * Cool retro-futuristic groove. Lots of tension, funk.
10) 3:11 Underwater, bubbly. Synth experiments. Hints of percussion.