|Marley, Ziggy / Wild And Free|
|Add Date:||2012-04-14|| ||Pull Date:||2012-06-17|| ||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||17 Jun||10 Jun||3 Jun||27 May||20 May||13 May||6 May||29 Apr|
Ziggy Marley – Wild and Free|
Reviewed by Sadie O., 4/14/12
Modern popular Reggae, strong lyrics but seemingly aimed at the mainstream international market (which does make the fairly revolutionary lyrics edgier.) Ziggy’s got a fine, rough-edged voice, so it’s always enjoyable to hear him.
No FCCs detected – he’s SUCH a dad!
1. 4:50 **relaxed midtempo bubble, upfullness lyrics (largely about pot plants growing wild and free...)
2. 3:43 **upbeat bouncy bubble, vocals partially in falsetto, which is endearing. Bit of wah-wah solo.
3. 4:38 ***nice percussion intro, midtempo relaxed acoustic guitar groove, nice guest hip hop vocals.
4. 4:07 **upbeat midtempo skank. Very pleasant and positive.
5. 4:54 ***somewhat martial tomtom, countered with subdued guitars. Rather melancholy, introspective. Gets a bit more upbeat musically as it goes along.
6. 4:35 **fairly forceful minor chord march, leaving Babylon lyrics.
7. 4:03 ***mysterious, slow intro, then strong somewhat uptempo bubble with rather dubby drumming. Sort of a spaghetti western feel to the guitar.
8. 3:31 **downbeat, rather sparse skank, strong lyrics, hummed chorus.
9. 4:13 **baby crying intro, then upbeat skank. He’s such a dad! But the lyrics are pretty harshly reality-based.
10. 3:21 **gosh! Kinda tough love lyrics. Upbeat bubble.
11. 3:54 **upbeat bubble, all about music. A bit of dub at the end, yay!
12. 4:15 **syncopate percussion, upbeat bubble, diatribe about US wickedness. Heavy electric guitar solo.