|Williams, Amanda Jo / Bear Eats Me, The|
|Add Date:||2012-07-15|| ||Pull Date:||2012-09-16|| |
|Week Ending:||9 Sep||2 Sep||26 Aug||19 Aug||5 Aug||29 Jul||22 Jul|
|MC Dizzy Jackson|
Georgia native with her fourth release. Williams has a very unique voice - maybe a mix of Jolie Holland and Sallie Ford. It’s very magnetic, playful and wise. The sound is a bizarrely skewed amalgam of country, indie, folk, ???. This is the kind of weird stuff KZSU should be proud of having. All songs worth a play. No FCC’s.|
*My Favorites*: 1, 3, 5, 6, 8, 9, 11, 12, 14.
1. *(3:11) Mid. Playful vibe, guitar, percussion, gets fuller later on.
2. (2:08) Mid. Reverby, plodding beat, cool vocal delivery.
3. *(2:26) Mid. Country flair w/ banjo, guitar, back vocals.
4. (3:39) Mid. Spacey effects, easy-going beat, really trippy.
5. *(4:35) Mid. Hypnotic guitar effects, playful, back vocals, upbeat.
6. *(2:44) Mid. Title track. Spaghetti western vibe, bass, funny lyric.
7. (1:52) Slow. Echoey vocal, elec guitar w/ effects. Spacey.
8. *(3:15) Mid. Upbeat, country/rockabilly w/ reverb guitar. Weird.
9. *(2:35) Mid. Shaker, plodding beat, catchy guitar, playful mood.
10. (1:47) Slow / Mid. Mellow vibe w/ slowly strummed acoustic guitar and moody atmospheric elec guitar.
11. *(2:15) Mid. Bizarre w/ shaker, elec guitar, great vocal delivery.
12. *(2:27) Mid. Upbeat and fun, shaker, handclaps, harmonizing.
13. (2:43) Mid. Take off of ‘Little Drummer Boy’. Echoey guitar, perc.
14. *(7:45) Slow / Mid. Spaghetti western vibe, plodding beat, shaker, guitar on acid. Alternates between slow and faster phrases. Killer.