This album is Lecrae's best one, musically, yet. The production on this album rivals that of any of the many Southern chopped & screwed artists that are taking over the billboards today. There are many subtleties in the music; effects, sounds, pans and His message is still potent and his wordplay has improved and he still brings it raw and straight to the listener. If you're a fan of hip-hop, and more particularly a fan of the chopped & screwed style, you should love this. My favorite tracks are: 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 11, 12, 14 & 15- yes, over half of the album. NO FCC.
*1) 2:56 - Medium tempo, synths, hard and layered kick drums, strings, elec guitar solos, tom-tom sounds
*2) 3:43 - Layered synths (pitch-bends), med/fast tempo, modulated, crash and muted snare/bongo-type sounds, layered kicks
3) 3:15 - Carried by a vocal sample, rolling snares, organ sounds, layered "voice" synths, nice singing chorus
*4) 3:34 - Slow tempo. Rich female vocalist, chimes, electric guitar, contemplative overall sound, truncated snareds
*5) 4:59 - Vocal sample, strings, horns, "funky" sound
6) 4;07 - Truncated synth sounds, very nice and modern production
*7) 3:10 - Dancehall style, fast tempo, synths and samples
8) 4:54 - Slow tempo. Electric Guitar, xylophone sounds, orchestra hits, jazzy sound
9) 3:18 - Elongated synths, Slow/med tempo, elec guitar sounds and vocals samples.
10) 3:46 - Medium tempo. Muted instrumentation, synths that phase in and out, panning hi-hats.
*11 ) 3:58 - Medium tempo. Muted elec guitar, synths, electric bass sound, "voice" effects (synth).
*12) 3:28 - Med/Slow tempo. 808 style kicks layered over by bass, synths- a lot of subtlety in the production on this track.
13) 3:17 - Med/fast. Elec piano sound layered with a lot of effects- love this beat!
**14) 3:37 - MY FAVORITE as of this moment. Medium tempo. Piano-carried beat with synths and muted drum-kit.
*15) 4:37 - Slow tempo. Simple piano melody, muted and truncated drums, "voice synths", marching style snares, awesome male vocalist, strings- emotional music.