|Add Date:||2013-01-12|| ||Pull Date:||2013-03-17|| |
|Week Ending:||17 Mar||10 Mar||24 Feb||17 Feb||3 Feb||27 Jan||13 Jan|
DeMarco’s second album of 2012. The woozy guitars and relaxed atmosphere carry over from his first release, but the overall tone here is more personal and earnest, a switch from the oddball antics of Rock And Roll Night Club. Addictive songwriting and a distinctive, home-recorded sound. Favorites: 1, 2, 3, 8, 11. No FCCs.
1. *(2:41)—Medium-slow. Excellent juxtaposition of bounce and unease, both in the music and the lyrics.
2. *(2:27)—Slow, loping beat. Relaxed, pleasant, expansive. Dreamy “dreaming.”
3. *(2:54)—Medium-fast, driving beat. Catchy guitar lick. DeMarco apologizes for being a wild man.
4. (3:10)—Slow. Get funky! Choruses feature trippy vocals and sound effects.
5. (3:54)—Slow. Sleepy, sunny, blissful. About DeMarco’s favorite brand of cigarettes.
6. (2:56)—The slow funkiness returns. Wailing guitar solo near the end.
7. (2:23)—Medium-fast. Bouncy, major key. Pretty chorus that sounds like a sigh: “I just wanna go.”
8. *(3:11)—Slow jam. Beautiful, humble, from-the-heart love song.
9. (1:41)—Slooooow. Instrumental. Deep, funky, way cool. Trippy guitar.
10. (2:30)—Slow. Backmasked intro. More warm, pretty funkiness. “I’ll be right there at your side, Sherrill.”
11. *(3:39)—Another love song, stripped down to acoustic guitar and vocals. Features some impressively high singing. DeMarco stops playing at -0:40 and starts talking to someone in the room with him.