|Dj Frane / Hi Dusty Stranger|
|Add Date:||2014-01-02|| ||Pull Date:||2014-03-06|| ||Charts:||Hip-Hop|
|Week Ending:||9 Mar||2 Mar||9 Feb||26 Jan||19 Jan||12 Jan||5 Jan|
In the world of turntablism (The art of manipulating sounds & creating music using phonograph turntables and a mixer), DJ Frane's release "Hi Dusty Stranger" demonstrates cleaver usage of 60's-70's cinematic dialog via sampling wordplay and manipulating psychedelic style production. Adding some classic breakbeat & funk to each track with a hint of trip-hop / downtempo makes each of these tracks more interesting to listen to. From listening to the CD, all of the tracks were meant to be played as a complete mix CD (Blended tracks from 1 - 10). Overall, each of the tracks can stand alone with their unique style of production. All tracks are radio friendly. Recommended tracks: 1, 4, 5, & 9|
1. (7:42) Funk and various guitar samples. Groovy drum beats & cinematic style / early 70's movie dialogs. Excellent use of a flute-loop. Recommended.
2. (6:43) Spaghetti Western style intro. Trip-hop / down-tempo tempo. Dark sounding vibe.Excellent drum & rhythm change-ups.
3. (11:12) - Very melodic and dreamy sounding track.
4. (10:42) - 60's sounding ballad style production. Soulful Jazz style. Towards the middle of the track it changes up to a gritty-style of funk which changes up again to a melodic rare groove break. Recommended.
5. (7:22) - Mid-to-Late 70's style funk influence. Funky drum breaks and cleaver use of vocals used while cutting. Upbeat tempo towards the end. Recommended.
6. (6:54) - Quiet & downtempo. Very mellow.Guitar wailing sampling.
7. (3:48) - Melodic and eerie sounding beat.
8. (4:33) - Spiritual and wailing vocals and sampling. Dreamy sounding.
9. (6:04) - Uptempo and funky intro. Breakbeat style production. Recommended
10. (4:40) - Melodic and dark sounding intro with the piano keys. Slow-and-dragging tempo. Thick sounding guitar riffs.