|Kramies / Wooden Heart, The|
|Add Date:||2014-01-17|| ||Pull Date:||2014-03-21|| |
|Week Ending:||16 Mar||9 Mar||23 Feb||26 Jan|
New EP by this Colorado dream-pop artist (released by the great Hidden Shoal Recordings). This features Jason Lytle of Grandaddy and has the same grand, quirky melancholy as Lytle’s music. There’s a strong sense of anguish and yearning to this. Lovely. All songs are slow. Favorites: 2, 3, 4. No FCCs.|
1. (1:59)—Dark tones, sad piano.
2. *(5:15)—Theatrical, epic. Strummed guitar, piano, drums, droning laser synths.
3. *(4:26)—Meditative. Shimmering synths, strummed guitar.
4. *(4:59)—Big, lush, approaching slowcore territory. Hidden Shoal compares this to “Nights in White Satin.” I can see why.
5. (3:34)—Massive, dreamy synths. Heavily processed vocals.
6. (1:08)—Heavily reverbed plucked guitar and vocals.