St. Vincent / St. Vincent / Loma Vista and Republic|
Electronic garage pop
Excellent mix of melody and noise, hooks and beats, held together by bell-like female vox. Angular riffs soar over alternating minimal and lush electronic garage pop instrumentation, funk- and march-inspired beats, and delicious Flaming-lips-reminiscent timbres.
RIYL: David Byrne, Devo, Architecture in Helsinki, Flaming Lips
1. 3:36* Jangly electronic funk, synth riffs, catchy pop filtered vox, noise fills
2. 3:17* Four on the floor bass kick, distorted garage guitars, danceable, post-punk feel
3. 4:38 Down tempo ballad, ethereal vox, syncopated bass, electronic choir, slow fade out
4. FCC at 1:14 4:39 Portamento synth, marching snare drum, eerie organ and guitar comping, crunchy guitar riff and e-choir in second half
5. 3:23** 2/4 march, anguar vox, funky marching band brass, great contrast between staccato verse, flowing chorus
6. 3:37 Down tempo, hip hop beat, synth pads, evocative chord progression, ballad vox, slow fade out
7. 3:23* Stuttering beat, Flaming Lips-style guitar/synth riffs with sparse drums, atmospheric call-and-response vox on bridge with e-chorus, acoustic strums
8. 3:16* Chant and lo-fi Tune-Yards-style crooning over syncopated beat and theremin-like synth
9. 3:34 Sparse drum n' bass with 16th-note synth, alternating rhythmic / soaring vocals, interesting modal coda
10. 3:17 Angular guitar riff, whistling synth, 16th-note noise, disco drums, wandering vox
11. 3:43 80's rock ballad sound, arpeggio guitar, triplet-based drums, chimes, buzzing bass gives the track away as post 2005.