Thievery Corporation- Saudade
7th Album. Bossa nova and Brazilian rhythms, horns, strings, and guitars played > sampled. Rob Garza and Eric Hilton play mostly guitar and bass. Featuring the likes of MICHAEL LOWERY (U.N.K.L.E.), FEDERICO AUBELE, Mateo Monk, Robert Santos, Columbia Heights Ensemble. Very moody, quieter, with lots of variety. Niiiiiiice
Picks: 1, 6, *7*, *11*, 12
*1. (3:23) Slow guitar/bass combo alongside melancholic french fem vox and piano
2. (3:21) Nice bossa rhythms, fem vox, shakers
3. (3:29) Shakers, bossa, portuguese (?) vox, slower and shimmery-er
4. (3:33) English fem vox, swing-y guitars/ bass, sunshine-y. Meow-worthy, perchaps.
5. (2:27) Melancholic, shimmery, midtempo, Italian fem vox (title translates to “single in city”)
*6. (3:28) English fem vox longing for love. Lights hand drum, horns, strings.
**7. (2:08) Spanish guitar, instrumental, bossa rhythms, synths. Great for a moody mic break
8. (3:44) Slow, last dance/ make out track. Spanish fem vox, shakers, ya feel?
9. (3:03) Slow, spacey-ier, strings, Portuguese fem vox
10. (3:04) French fem vox, warm, slow waltz
**11. (2:58) Upbeat & bright, shakers, bossa rhythms with Portuguese fem vox.
*12. (4:09) Sultry-late night French fem vox, but warm and sunny.
13. (3:23) Soulful english fem vox, strings, drama!