|Add Date:||2014-07-25|| ||Pull Date:||2014-09-26|| |
|Week Ending:||14 Sep||7 Sep||17 Aug|
A satisfying mixture of chillout, progressive house, and smashing electro. Zo's MRSA breakbeat influence shines through on several pieces, and there's even some dnb thrown in!
Top picks: 3,10,2,7
FCCs on 6
1. "Superman Lost" Bhangra influences on top of dreamy guitar/synths
2. "Only For You" (ft. Racheel K. Collier) Hard-hitting bass, fantastic vocals, progressive-house vibes
3. "Easy" (ft. Porter Robinson) Alternate version of "EZ" Rogue/ PegBoard Nerds "Disconnected" vibes, lots of electro sounds.
4. "Caller ID" Psychadelic/Eastern intro leads into trap. "Who is that calling me calling me calling.." (ad nauseum)
5. "Little Damage" A reedless aerophone. Remember that flute/beatboxing from c. 2008? Yeah, like that plus WUB WUB WUB.
6. FCC "FUCKING" | "Pyramid Scheme" (ft. Chuck D.) Standard electro house. Lots of cursing from Chuck D.
7. "The Sky" (ft. Linnea Schossow) Female vox, big bass. Pulsing four to the floor synths with supplementary (and awesome!) triplet backing.
8. "Like It Used To Be" Very short; nice little interlude that works well for mic breaks.
9. "Time On Your Side" (ft. Janai) Bright kit with soulful vox from Janai.
10. "Moderate Stimulation" I love this track. Spoken male vocals, laid-back hip-hop backing.
11. "Lucid Dreams" Picking back up! Crunchy loops, 2 drops. Standard club stuff, but it's pretty bumpin' Watch out for the staticky high-end.
12. "EZ" This was the original version of 3. Zo approached Porter Robinson to do a remix based on this garage version. Electro, but with more experimental vibes + longer.
13. "Hurricaine" (ft. Eyes that Lie) Dubstep elements. Female vocals stacked on top of a decently grabbing bassline. Warm synths kick in and tie this chill track together!
14. "Fall Into Dreams" (ft. Pete Joseph) No drops, completely chill. Acoustic guitar backed by ethereal swirls.