|Tennis / Ritual In Repeat|
|Add Date:||2014-09-19|| ||Pull Date:||2014-11-21|| |
|Week Ending:||23 Nov||16 Nov||9 Nov||2 Nov||26 Oct||19 Oct||12 Oct||5 Oct|
Tennis is made up of Colorado couple and musical duo Patrick Riley (guitar, keyboards, production) and Alaina Moore (vocals, keyboards). This is their third album. They are great at writing lo-fi indie pop songs with a 50s pop feel. This album adds in a bit more rock-n-roll and at times a bit more electronic-ness to their sound. I really enjoyed it, stoked to have another album from these guys. Sidenote: they put on a kick-ass live show!|
Recommended Tracks: 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 10
1. (4:17) Night Vision - I was so happy when I heard this first song. Rich sound, those awesome infectious Tennis melodies, her voice...ahhh it's good to have them back :)
2. (3:29) Never Work For Free - This one is more of a pop-rock song, great guitar melodies, great melodies in general.
3. (3:24) Needle And A Knife - This has an almost garage rock feel, but with the distinct popiness that is inherent in a Tennis song.
4. (3:34) I'm Callin' - Synth pop track, love this one. Simple, a little funky...almost 80s vibe.
5. (4:31) Bad Girls - This one has that 60s girl group vibe that is so common with this band. Does not disappoint.
6. (4:07) Timothy - Not my favorite on the album, but a solid pop song none-the-less. Always love listening to her sing.
7. (3:44) Viv Without The N - Mid tempo, simple, but I really like it for some reason that I can't articulate. Just play it :)
8. (1:47) Wounded Heart - Acoustic guitar, very pretty.
9. (3:31) This Isn't My Song - Another doo-wop feeling song.
10. (3:08) Solar On The Rise - Up beat and more of a rock vibe. Really like this one.
11. (2:32) Meter & Line - This has a classic Tennis feel. Short and sweet. Great close to the album.