|Ricky Eat Acid / Three Love Songs|
|Add Date:||2014-10-10|| ||Pull Date:||2014-12-12|| |
|Week Ending:||14 Dec||7 Dec||30 Nov||23 Nov||16 Nov||9 Nov||2 Nov||26 Oct|
Ricky Eat Acid / Three Love Songs / Orchid Tapes |
This is a humid and stale summer night driving down local roads or standing in a vast backyard over wet porch wood and barely making out trees in the distance. The idea of the suburban central east coast distilled into three songs and noise in between them. Sam Ray is a College Park, MD experimental/remix/ambient producer with quite a few released works but Three Love Songs is without a doubt his most mature. Both spoken word and vocal samples punctuate the VERY swirly noise. FCC free. Reviewed by alsal
1. (0:45) Spoken word and quick. Sets the mood.
2. (2:35) Flutters and boops. Fireflies???
3. (2:06) More subdued flutters and boops, laid back
4. (2:28) Ambient track with even more subdued flutters and boops
5. (7:10) Preacher preachers shares the sound with noise and ambience. Very pink courtesy phone but not nearly as droney.
6. *(2:56) More composed piano piece with lots of textures
7. (3:26) Female vocal samples with an actual beat
8. **(5:28) Club banger of the album. Just kidding but pretty strong beat and female vocal samples
9. (3:34) Subdued and ambient
10. (6:59) lots of different parts, from a little breakbeat style drum backing to straight noise to ambient
11. (5:05) Thanks emmerich for pointing out that this samples Hails - White Chalk. Introspective and filled out
12. (1:53) light hearted culmination. Flutters and boops