|A Winged Victory For The Sullen / Atomos|
|Add Date:||2014-10-10|| ||Pull Date:||2014-12-12|| ||Charts:||Classical/Experimental|
|Week Ending:||14 Dec||7 Dec||23 Nov||16 Nov||9 Nov||2 Nov||26 Oct||19 Oct|
A Winged Victory for the Sullen / ATOMOS / Kranky |
The full album version of the ATOMOS VII EP. They really, really deliver. Orchestral swells and textures create this comforting sound you can stare at the wall too or look at mountains or whatever. Play at any time of day, FCC clean and beautiful. (Review by Alan)
Recommended Tracks: 1, 3, 6, 10
1. **(10:22) Something out of a Shane Carruth film. Layered chords run like thick lines down the auditory canvas. Strings add more textures.
2. (4:19) Somber strings
3. (4:56) The typical AWVFTS sound. Inspiring and reserved.
4. *(4:13) Where is ATOMOS IV? Consider the fate of the lost track as ATOMOS V leads you to new emphatic heights for its brother.
5. (7:27) More humble, with a lot of momentum in this track.
6. **(7:49) Refreshing pizzicato and low bass beat fill out the sound
7. (5:14) More active and awake than the earlier tracks.
8. (4:16) The gentlest piano gives way to more moving piano
9. (4:18) A little more electronic and synth based
10. *(5:26) Happy waltz that builds
11. (4:10) Eerie woodwind leads the listener shrouded in mystery!!!!