|Allo Darlin' / We Come From The Same Place|
|Add Date:||2014-11-14|| ||Pull Date:||2015-01-16|| |
|Week Ending:||18 Jan||11 Jan||4 Jan||28 Dec||21 Dec||14 Dec||7 Dec||23 Nov|
This is the third release from London based Allo Darlin'. It is the first that I have heard, but it is super super awesome. It reminds me a lot of Belle and Sebastian with simple songs, great stories, and infectious melodies. All of these songs are about the ups and downs of relationships (so not the most original content, but who cares?). The album is great cover to cover. Play all the time!!|
Favorite Tracks: 1, 3, **5**, **6**, 11
1. (3:30) Heartbeat - Shuffling drum beat, strummy guitar, great lyrics. I was hooked after this first one.
2. (2:57) Kings And Queens - This one has a little more rock distortion on the guitar and a steadier drum beat. "We are the kings and queens of love."
3. (4:37) We Come From The Same Place - Up tempo, great melody from the lead guitar on this one with some strumming on back up. "I remember what it felt like to be warm and to be safe in love."
4. (3:24) Angela - Mid tempo, distant vocals, another great track.
5. (3:22) Bright Eyes - Male and female vocalists trade off on this one. Another more rock'n'roll instrumentation track. "I feel better hangin out with you."
6. (4:05) History Lessons - A more mellow track, super pretty, one of my favorites.
7. (3:02) Half Heart Necklace - Up tempo rock track.
8. (2:51) Romance And Adventure - The guitar hook on this track has an almost psych rock vibe. Dramatic lyric delivery. "It was all a waste of time."
9. (3:40) Crickets In The Rain - Lofi indie feel, kind of like Tennis. Sweet.
10. (3:59) Santa Maria Novella - Mid tempo. Another one that reminds me a ton of Belle and Sebastian.
11. (4:26) Another Year - Super simple instrumentation, finishes off the record with another killer melody. What a great album.