|Sonny & The Sunsets / Talent Night At The Ashram|
|Add Date:||2015-02-27|| ||Pull Date:||2015-05-01|| |
|Week Ending:||3 May||26 Apr||19 Apr||12 Apr||5 Apr||29 Mar||22 Mar||15 Mar|
What are Sonny and the Sunsets? Weirdo nostalgics, folkie crooners, patient storytellers, weirdo sound-effects tinkerers... There's a little of everything here, just a beautiful album, for old fans and new. [in brackets, some of the explanations from Sonny from his show last week]. FCCs on 6 (which you can bleep out with not much effort) and 10.|
1. (04:36) *** [about filling about applications, and how it's tedious] Beach Boys-ish close harmony bookending, easygoing singalong with fun repetition.
2. (04:30) ******** Fiddle, into dancier beat. AMAZING HOOK. Krauty and dancey, with a bit of Kinksy overdubbing. Inventive, fun, just an amazing track.
3. (01:43) **** [going to a house, and all the women from there are living inside] Slinky organ, bouncey with nice change-ups (sounds kinda like The Intelligence) and a sudden close.
4. (03:19) *** Swaying, sad, pretty. Folky croon.
5. (03:13) *** Sunshiney fuzzed guitar, wistful singing with double-tracked vox.
6. [FCC - just one, a "shit" at exactly 4:26 left, in phrase "Shannon, who outworks everyone, but always messes shit up"] (07:12) ****** [health food stores are one of the best things we have today] Just a great, weird, wonderful song. "It's a natural health food store" chant. Ends with weird dialogue with Sonny and his ex-girlfriend (or is a dog) swimming in beer. Just fantastic.
7. (02:34) *** Warp-o sound-effects, plodding spy-organ, moody story-song, mysterious and pained.
8. (02:13) **** Sunshine folk! Tambourines and bright tones!
9. (03:00) **** Delicate folkie flutes, sad song about a sad girl...
10. [fcc - "fuck"] **** (03:12) [about occupy... and i forget what else he said]. Unique, baroque tones, with heavy fuzzy bass...