|Lower Dens / Escape From Evil|
|Add Date:||2015-04-24|| ||Pull Date:||2015-06-26|| |
|Week Ending:||14 Jun||7 Jun||31 May||24 May||17 May||10 May||3 May|
Indie rock / Dream pop / Post-punk. Third full length and released on Ribbon Music (Domino). More poppy than previous albums like Twin-Hand Movement. FCC Clean. RIYL: War on Drugs, Wild Nothing, Viet Cong, Blouse.|
1. (4:57) Sucker’s Shangri-la. * Big opener. Airy. Steady percussion with synth background.
2. (3:07) Ondine. * Bouncing synth bass melody. Moody synth background. Electric guitar used to accent vocal lines in verse and play melody in chorus. “I will treat you better.”
3. (4:12) To Die in L.A. * Propulsive synth pop. Tight almost angular synth melody on bed of strummed guitar. Bass drives this song.
4. (3:35) Quo Vadis. Upbeat and moving. Bass foreground with synth haze background.
5. (5:27) Your Heart Still Beating. * Begins with tempo ramp and syncopation in the drum line. Tempo locks and melody oscillates between bright / airy and muddy / eerie.
6. (4:08) Electric Current. Steady staccato synth piano chords. Prominent bass. Tense song.
7. (5:08) I Am the Earth. Eerie and plodding. Dramatic vocals.
8. (4:33) Company. Driving, pulsing syncopation in bass line. Upbeat and fun. Muddy synth background.
9. (3:21) Societe Anonyme. * Driving, propulsive, poppy, repetitive and fluid.