|Cayucas / Dancing At The Blue Lagoon|
|Add Date:||2015-08-28|| ||Pull Date:||2015-10-30|| |
|Week Ending:||1 Nov||25 Oct||18 Oct||11 Oct||4 Oct||27 Sep||20 Sep||13 Sep|
Indie pop group out of my hometown (Santa Monica, CA). I wish I liked it more than I do, but it is kind of generic. Definitely not bad, but certainly not super original. RIYL: Noah and The Whale, Beach House, Vampire Weekend...|
Recommended tracks: 1, 7
1. (4:47) Big Winter Jacket - Strings, harmonies, piano...everything. Huge sound, melodic and catchy, really reminds me of Noah and the Whale. Great opening track.
2. (3:38 ) Moony Eyed Walrus - Very theatrical, could be a Vampire Weekend track. Cool polyrythms, a little weird but cool.
3. (4:11) Hella - This one is pretty boring.
4. (3:51) Champion - More of the same. Super catchy, cool instrumentation.
5. (3:57) Ditches - Downtempo, lots of strings and some flute, very dramatic.
6. (4:29) Dancing at the Blue Lagoon - Spanish guitar, and then a very island vibe throughout.
7. (4:12) Backstroke - More electronic than the rest, one of my favorites, but definitely a little weird
8. (4:28) A Shadow in the Dark - This one bugs me.
9. (2:04) Blue Lagoon (Theme Song) - Refrain, also kind of boring.