|Robertas, Las / Feel, The|
|Add Date:||2016-01-20|| ||Pull Date:||2016-03-20|| |
|Week Ending:||20 Mar||13 Mar||6 Mar||28 Feb||21 Feb||14 Feb||7 Feb||31 Jan|
Costa Rica’s Las Robertas has released The Feel, an EP containing a new song, a reinterpretation of an old track in collaboration with AJ Davila from their 2012 Dissected Affair 7” single, and some remixes from their single, Marlene, originally available on their 2014 second album, Days Unmade. International style dream pop with tantalizing melodies and lots of reverb and delayed pedal effects. |
RIYL: Dum Dum Girls, Monte, Grass Widow, Crocodiles, and Veronica Falls.
Recommended Tracks: 1, 2, 3, and 5
1. (3:01) **The Feel – Great guitar riff, medium uptempo beat, and a catchy bass solo here. This track has a 1993 alternative rock vibe all over. Playable.
2. (6:01) *Stoned Away – A slowed down semi-psychedelic rendition of an old song called “Seconds Away.” Guest vocals by AJ Davila & Cardiel (no idea who this guy is!). Last two minutes of song are just fading amp feedback and other cool noises.
3. (3:17) **Marlene (Vibez Remix) – A remixed by Monterrey, Mexico’s post-punk band Clubz. Dancy, weird, and plain cool.
4. (3:48) Marlene (Marielena Remix) – This remix is courtesy of their countryman’s band Monte. More minimalist and partially electronic.
5. (2:27) **Marlene – Upbeat and with impeccable guitars and vocals. Original version that inspired the two previous mixes. This song is not on the official EP but I include it here as a bonus track.