|Add Date:||2016-03-15|| ||Pull Date:||2016-05-15|| |
|Week Ending:||8 May||1 May||24 Apr||17 Apr||10 Apr||3 Apr||27 Mar||20 Mar|
Silly disco-style big band fun. Horns, funky guitars, retro harmonies all about dancing and shaking it up. The band is made up of nine musicians. They claim that each song experiments with a different musical style, which I’m not so sure about, but you can decide for yourself. Play if you want to shake your tail feather.|
RIYL Bootsy Collins, The Bee Gees, Prince, watching “The Price is Right”
Recommended tracks: 2, 3, 7, 8
1. (3:35) Cheesy disco funk about shaking it on the dance floor.
2. (4:00) Horns with soulful female vox about dancing for the weekend.
3. (4:56) Male vox with a foot-tapping piano line.
4. (3:11) Optimistic crooning over the dorkiest synth.
5. (4:29) Jazz hall-style female singing over piano and horns with humorous lyrics.
6. (3:03) Elevator music punctuated by a drum machine clap.
7. (4:19) Straight out of the 1960s. Airy hotel lobby music featuring flute, harp, and harmonies.
8. (6:18) Slower, longer jam. Female love song with interesting harmonies.
9. (3:24) Let’s dance because we’re getting older, but our bodies stay young. Cheesy and soft like usual.
10. (5:11) Wannabe techno remix of track 1. A different sound for those who like electronica.