|Slackers, The / Slackers, The|
|Add Date:||2016-02-21|| ||Pull Date:||2016-04-24|| ||Charts:|
|Week Ending:||24 Apr||10 Apr||3 Apr||27 Mar||20 Mar||13 Mar||6 Mar||28 Feb|
SKA/ROCKSTEADY/RAGGAE Self-titled release from a veteran NYC band with an incredibly distinct sound. Elements of low-fi, playful horn section, plenty of skill. Harkens back to the sixties in vocals and recording. Very danceable. FCC’s on 6, 7.|
1. *** Upbeat. Bit of a swing dance feel. I found myself singing along. Ends w/ snoring sample.
2. *** Groovy with a creepy edge.
3. *** Rocksteady. Driving rhythm. Slows down to a march in the end.
4. *** Reggae. Quick-pick guitar, sax soloing.
5. *** Slow, jazzy, piano.
6. *** FCC “cunt” Bit of a badass tone, especially the biting bass line.
7. ** FCC “shit” more straight 60’s beach music.
8. ** Slower. Whoa, this is straight up 60’s beach music.
9. **** Low key. More acoustic. Reverse speech parts. Messing with sampling and reverb and other production elements. Lots of strangeness throughout. Wow.
10. * Tambourine, beachy, okay.
11. *** Lyrics are weird, straighter beat. Very groovy.
12. *** Chill, jammy, floating drums, great organ part. Think more of The Band.
13. * Strange, lot of echo, more spacey version of # 2.