|Frights, The / You Are Going To Hate This|
|Add Date:||2016-03-20|| ||Pull Date:||2016-05-22|| |
|Week Ending:||22 May||15 May||8 May||1 May||24 Apr||17 Apr||10 Apr||3 Apr|
|1.||Sun, 29 Oct:||Kayla and Gabe|
||4.||Sat, 13 May:||Middle School Boyfriend|
|2.||Sun, 08 Oct:||Kayla and Gabe|
||5.||Thu, 27 Apr:||Ogrelord|
|3.||Thu, 08 Jun:||Kayla and Gabe|
||6.||Thu, 13 Apr:||Kayla and Gabe|
Debut record out on Dangerbird from The Frights. Produced by FIDLAR's Zac Carper. Surf rock, garage rock, pop-rock, SoCal pop-punk...this is a blend of a bunch of different styles. I really like this whole record. RIYL: WEEZER, FIDLAR|
FCCs: 2 Fuck, 5 Shit, 8 Fucked, 9 Fuck, Shit
Favorites: 1, 3, 4, 11, 12
1. (2:54) All I Need- LOVE THIS. Retro feeling surfy garagey...catchy as hell. This track hooked me for the rest of the record.
2. FCC Shit/Fuck (2:54) Kids - This was the lead single, it is great, a story about stupid teenagers...cliche but I thoroughly enjoy it, play track 11 (clean).
3. (3:07) Afraid Of The Dark - Less fuzzy, playful melody, one of my favorites, simple and nice to listen to.
4. (3:34) Puppy Knuckles - Starts with minimal instrumentation, builds in around 40 seconds, distorted bass, slowed down chorus, really really cool track.
5. FCC SHIT (2:50) Tungs - FAVORITE. Super different from the rest of the album, almost a little like Vampire Weekend? But like old VW that was actually good :) Play track 12 (CLEAN).
6. (4:41) Haunted - This track is super weird, downtempo, sounds like it was recorded in an echoey room with lots of background noise.
7. (1:29) You Or Me - Short garage punk song.
8. FCC FUCKED (4:01) Growing Up - Mid tempo, solid track, can't play it.
9. FCC Fuck/Shit (3:07) You Are Going To Hate This - Another surfey retro feeling track really good. Track 13 is the clean version.
10. (4:24) Of Age - Acoustic strumming (ukelele?) and xylophone...pop-rock track.
11. (2:47) Kids (Clean) - Clean version of track 2
12. (2:40) Tungs (Clean) - Clean version of track 5
13. (3:07) You Are Going To Hate This (Clean) - Clean version of track 9