|All Them Witches / Dying Surfer Meets His Maker|
|Add Date:||2016-05-01|| ||Pull Date:||2016-07-03|| |
|Week Ending:||26 Jun||12 Jun||5 Jun||29 May||22 May||8 May|
This is the third record from Nashville natives All Them Witches. Awesome record!! Elements of folk, and psych, and rock, and a couple really cool instrumental tracks thrown in the mix, can't quite nail down who they sound like, but this record is great. Play often!|
Favorites: 1, 3, 5, **6**, 8 but you could play any and be happy.
1. (3:55) Call Me Star - Super pretty, slow tempo, great guitar melody, beautiful vocals, great start to the record.
2. (8:25) El Centro – Long and rambling instrumental rock track. Heavy and awesome.
3. (3:45) Dirt Preachers – Dark and heavy, tempo changes, pretty awesome.
4. (7:02) This Is Where It Falls Apart - Bluesy harmonica and spoken word, heavy instrumentation, another rambling track, more good stuff.
5. (3:11) Mellowing – Another instrumental track, beautiful classical style guitar, really love this, the title is a great descriptor of the track.
6. (3:14) Open Passageways - This is the best track on the album I think. Really interesting, super great melody, awesome instrumentation, play often.
7. (2:33) Instrumental 2 (Welcome To the Caveman Future) – more instrumental greatness.
8. (6:07) Talisman – Vocals and guitar start the song, drums build in around minute 2, another really great song.
9. (7:20) Blood and Sand / Milk and Endless Waters – Instrumental beginning, turns into spoken word over heavy instrumentation around 3 minutes in, more of the heavy but beautifulness that is this record. So cool.