Dream pop from Spain ranging from sweet strummy guitar tracks to lush enveloping ambience to outsized, skyward grandness. |
RIYL Primogénito López, Captured Tracks, The Holydrug Couple, Mint Field
Favorites: 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 10
No FCCs, lyrics in Spanish
1. (2:52) *** Garcilaso—Idyllic, slow-moving, feels like Beach House’s Teen Dream.
2. (2:56) ** La Joya del Nilo—Faster chiming guitars and strumming, content, lying in a sunlit bed of wildflowers in early summer.
3. (3:02) * Mi Doble es un Alpinista—Dreamy effects, repetitive synth melody, heavenly.
4. (1:22) * Museo de Músculos Usados—Pensive post-rock with some silver guitar and drum machine.
5. (3:12) Libélulas—Liturgical ambience, dual male and female vocals, synthesizer.
6. (3:13) Aspavientos—Shuffling beat, gliding synth, childlike.
7. (3:21) ** Radiografía de una Centella—Womblike, huge, brings to mind The Cure’s Disintegration.
8. (1:47) Enhorabuena por el Nobel—Grand, comforting instrumentals.
9. (2:18) Capicúa—Twee synth lines, strummed acoustic guitar, low vocals.
10. (3:06) ** Honrosas Excepciones—Major tones, like a more somber Captured Tracks, C86 beat, melancholic still.