|Radiohead / A Moon Shaped Pool|
|Add Date:||2016-07-19|| ||Pull Date:||2016-09-18|| |
|Week Ending:||18 Sep||11 Sep||4 Sep||28 Aug||21 Aug||14 Aug||7 Aug||31 Jul|
Follow-up to 2011’s The King of Limbs. Contemplative piano- and strings-driven rock, some nice bass here and there, a bit repetitive but has some really nice moments. No FCCs detected. |
1. (3:41) ** Burn the Witch—Upbeat, rising action, strings, stretched and soaring vocals.
2. (6:24) Daydreaming—Dreamy slow piano rock. Excessive strings in last two minutes.
3. (4:41) **** Decks Dark—Vaguely trip-hop in the beginning. Floaty, slow steady drumming, chilled and cosmic. I am a fan.
4. (3:45) ** Desert Island Disk—Midtempo. Acoustic guitar, early May feel, sorta Nick Drake. “You know what I mean” repeated over and over.
5. (6:07) **** Ful Stop—Motorik, krautrock, churning, spooky. “The foul taste of medicine.” Repetitive synth line over Thom’s mournful vocals and layers of ambience towards the end. Good stuff.
6. (2:53) * Glass Eyes—Slow, pensive, melancholic. Strings, piano, vocal-driven.
7. (4:27) Identikit—Funky drumming and bass, gets really liturgical and outsized at times.
8. (5:46) *** The Numbers—Midtempo. Cascading aqueous keys, thick lustrous acoustic guitars, constant contemplative bass, string fills at end. Soul-fulfilling.
9. (5:07) Present Tense—Fast fingerpicked Jack Johnson type track, “beach music”, eh.
10. (5:04) Tinker Tailor Soldier Sailor Rich Man Poor Man Beggar Man Thief—Smokey. Piano, Thom’s bored wail, strings.
11. (4:43) ** True Love Waits—Piano and vocals. Sorrowful, sincere. Aw, that broke me.