|Chasms / On The Legs Of Love Purified|
|Add Date:||2016-12-21|| ||Pull Date:||2017-02-22|| |
|Week Ending:||19 Feb||12 Feb||5 Feb||29 Jan||22 Jan||15 Jan||8 Jan||1 Jan|
On The Legs Of Love Purified is the debut album by San Francisco’s Chasms. The duo practices a combination of darkwave with elements of industrial, goth, shoegaze, and doom, complemented by Jess Labrador’s delicate voice. For this new record, the band continues building tracks with echoing vocals, ambient guitar effects, drum machine-generated beats, and synthesizer riffs and sounds. The tone is also calmer and more atmospheric despite some moments when Chasms employs heavy percussion and guitar distortion to begin considering future directions. As beautiful as gloominess can be.|
RIYL: Teenage Filmstars, Cranes, Miserable, Eroc, Bad News, Cocteau Twins, and Skullflower.
Recommended Tracks: 2, 3, 5, 6
1. (3:41) More Love To Be Found – Atmospheric intro. Gentle chanting. A fast drum beat towards the end.
2. (5:11) **Black Ice – Continuous guitar riff over fast drumbeat. Dreamy vocals. Some layers of guitar distortion here and there. Epic track.
3. (4:29) *Beyond Flesh – Medium tempo, drowned out guitars, delicate vocals, 1990s shoegaze memories.
4. (4:05) We'll Go– Quiet recording with dramatic changes. Lavish dreamscapes.
5. (4:49) **Come To Harm – Ambient composition driven by a soft semi-industrial mechanical drumbeat. Gentle chanting vocals. A captivating intense drum sequence takes over at the end.
6. (5:47) **Intimacy – Classic Chasms sound here. Towards end, guitar effects at full potential. Stunning.
7. (5:20)* Between The Eyes – Instrumental track. Only string instruments and distortions. More lavish dreamscapes.