|Add Date:||2017-08-31|| ||Pull Date:||2017-11-02|| |
|Week Ending:||15 Oct||8 Oct||1 Oct||24 Sep||17 Sep||10 Sep||3 Sep|
Alone is the tenth studio album by legendary post-punk/new wave/modern rock English-American band The Pretenders, led by charismatic singer and guitarist Chrissie Hynde. Alone is produced by Dan Auerbach of The Black Keys who has managed to give the record a cool contemporary edge to the now classic Pretenders sound without jeopardizing anything. Chrissie Hynde's vocals haven’t sounded this good in years. Despite being filled with mostly ballads and slow tempo rockers, Alone never feels stuck or too slow.|
FCC WARNING: 1
Recommended Tracks: 1 (FCC), 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 9, 10, 12
1. (3:50) **Alone – FCC (Fuck). Sticky bluesy track with great guitar riff. Medium tempo. Impressive.
2. (3:55) *Roadie Man – Slow 1960s pop-inspired, organ-driven, bluesy recording with a lot of soul.
3. (2:58) **Gotta Wait – Upbeat punker a la early Pretenders. Solid.
4. (4:02) ***Never Be Together – Medium tempo ballad that fits well with all the other slow classic Pretenders recordings. Exquisite vocal melody and performance by Hynde.
5. (3:03) *Let's Get Lost – Another ballad of high caliber here. Scenic and vivid.
6. (3:15) Chord Lord – Classic rock ballad with Chrissie Hynde on vocals.
7. (4:51) Blue Eyed Sky – Slow track, semi-acoustic. Brings to mind the early 2000s records.
8. (3:46) *The Man You Are – Another slow, semi acoustic track. Nice melody. It gets rhythmic on a couple of occasions.
9. (4:15) *One More Day – Elaborate ballad with a nice guitar riff and a peculiar bolero vibe.
10. (4:44) *I Hate Myself – Slow composition with a lot of guilt on its mind.
11. (3:33) Death Is Not Enough – Piano-driven ballad. Sad song.
12. (4:13) **Holy Commotion – Medium-up tempo recording with nice melody and a catchy guitar riff. Could be as single. Nice ending.