|Add Date:||2016-12-21|| ||Pull Date:||2017-02-22|| ||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||12 Feb||5 Feb||29 Jan||22 Jan||15 Jan||8 Jan||1 Jan||25 Dec|
Sueño is the latest EP by Los Angeles via Tijuana, Mexico’s Ceci Bastida. Electro-pop with tints of M.I.A. and Grimes mixed with Mexico’s Julieta Venegas’ melodic sensibility. There are also a lot of MC interventions throughout the EP. Despite only containing six tracks, there’s a lot of experimentation with different beats and vocal styles without losing cohesiveness. This is her debut recording with Nacional Records.|
RIYL: Julieta Venegas, M.I.A., Mexrrissey, Xuxa Santamaria, and Rita Indiana & Los Misterios.
Recommended Tracks: 2, 3, 5, 6
1. (3:01) Un Sueño (feat. Aloe Blacc) – M.I.A. in Spanish. Upbeat. Almost a hip hop song.
2. (2:39) **Cuervo – Medium tempo, strange synth sounds. Melancholic melody. Brings to mind the work of Julieta Venegas.
3. (3:12) *No Voy A Regresar (feat. M.I.S.) – Medium-up tempo. Nice vocals. Semi-danceable. Catchy instrumentation.
4. (3:55) Ya No – Slow tempo. Dramatic. Vocal driven.
5. (3:39) *Vas A Verme (feat. Mariel Mariel) – A lighter M.I.A. attempt. Medium-up tempo. More on the pop side. Somewhat playful. Cool synth sounds.
6. (4:01) **No Nos Pararán (feat. Spoek Mathambo) – Upbeat tempo. Influenced by Afro-Caribbean beats and sounds. Nice melody. Makes me think of Rita Indiana & Los Misterios.