|Add Date:||2016-12-21|| ||Pull Date:||2017-02-22|| |
|Week Ending:||19 Feb||12 Feb||5 Feb||29 Jan||22 Jan||8 Jan||1 Jan||25 Dec|
RR7349S is the second album by Austin synthwave quartert S U R V I VE. This instrumental recording, made only using analog synthesizers, navigates deep in ambient territory and could easily pass as an obscure horror movie soundtrack heavily influenced by John Carpenter’s movie scores from late last century. On a parallel note, two of the band members recently scored the music for the sci-fi streaming TV show Strangers Things.|
RIYL: John Carpenter & Alan Howarth, Vision Heat, Claudio Simenetti, Wendy Carlos & Rachel Elkind, and Stranger Things Soundtrack.
NO WORDS, NO FCC’s.
Recommended Tracks: 1, 3, 4, 5, 8, 9
1. (4:25) *A.H.B. – 1980s B-movie horror soundtrack. Atmospheric.
2. (3:43) Other – More ambient. Ghostly forms.
3. (5:06) **Dirt – Ambitious track. Cool synth riffs. Machineries crossing odd dimensions.
4. (3:59) *High Rise –Sequel to previous track. Slower ending.
5. (4:08) ***Wardenclyffe – Terrific recording. It feels like the inspiration for the Stranger Things SDTK.
6. (4:39) Sorcerer – Another ambient darkwave composition.
7. (4:40) Low Fog – Low beams only. Like a quiet dream.
8. (6:36) *Copter – Another lengthy and dramatic track. Fades away slowly. Really slow.
9. (4:02) **Cutthroat – This one feels like an obscure French sci-fi prog rock influenced soundtrack. Great conclusion.