|Monty G / King Of The Jungle - Survival Tape|
|Add Date:||2017-02-01|| ||Pull Date:||2017-04-05|| ||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||26 Mar||5 Mar||26 Feb||12 Feb|
Monty G/King of the Jungle: Survival Tape/Lion of Judah|
This gospel reggae artist has been singing/rapping/chatting thought provoking lyrics over dancehall, soca, Caribbean hip-hop, and traditional reggae beats for almost 10 years. He is a gifted artist indeed and has an iconic sound. This album is mixtape style mixed in with an east coast West Indian radio station lunchtime mix – complete with randomly interspersed horns, radio voice overs, electronic beeps, and other dissonant sound fx. If you like Beenie Man, Shaggy, or Sizzla you might like this! Favorite Tracks: 2, 3, 7, 10* No FCCs. Reviewed by Kesha of Lift Jesus Higher!
1. (0:37) A mashed up intro that sounds like a radio intro with some spoken word into an acapella song that is the lead in to track 2.
2. (3:37) A slow traditional reggae groove, nice bass line.
3. (3:04) Starts with radio “Yo this is Monty G and you are listening to King of Jungle” spoken voice over. Med tempo. Nice keyboard work. Watch out because the song sounds like it restarts at the :51 mark.
4. (2:03) Faster tempo, some electronic sounds, dancehall style.
5. (3:09) Has same “King of the Jungle” radio intro as other tracks, Fast tempo, dancehall style mixed with dance music.
6. (2:23) Med-fast tempo, dancehall and r&b vibe, with guest artist. Upbeat, nice dance track.
7. (2:04) Classic reggae guitar pick mixed with heavy backbeat and electronic and hip-hop sounds. Med tempo. He raps on this song REALLY FAST.
8. (3:46) Med tempo, reggae and r&b sounds, nice soulful bgvs.
9. (2:21) Similar to track 8, more like modern reggae.
10. (4:54) Duet with vocalist/artist Ayiesha Woods – catchy hook, nice bass line groove. Med tempo a reggae ballad.
11. (3:33) Med tempo, reggae + hip hop sound feat. Artist Tiko T.
12. (2:44) Reggae ballad, med tempo, smooth vocals feat. Gospel reggae artist Reubin Heights.