|Add Date:||2017-01-18|| ||Pull Date:||2017-03-22|| |
|Week Ending:||26 Mar||19 Mar||5 Mar||26 Feb||12 Feb||5 Feb||29 Jan||22 Jan|
Overview: Snow Ghosts have been described as a blend of dark experimental electronica and folklore-influenced vocals. This is definitely moody, late-night drive with one-headlight, Twin Peaks Redux kind of music.
Favorite Tracks: 1, 2
Tracks: Favorites (*)
1. * Vetiver (5:22): pulsing drum beat starts this off; female vocal and guitar come in; ethereal and mesmerizing; some feedback, echo and electronic effects sprinkled throughout; strong beat continues the whole song; fades out.
2. * Undertow (5:46): high pitched, soft guitar fades in; muted electronic keyboard and female vocals take over; dance beat from electronic drums enter and all mix together in hazy harmony.
3. Lied (6:36): electric guitar starts off with simple, slow lead guitar tune; percussion gourd-shaker, drums, and female vocals enter; crunchy rhythm guitar comes in and ratchets up the tension; cycles through this pattern; fades out.
4. Dawn (4:21): airy female vocal starts off; light drums; male voice back-up comes in; very moody and sparse; acoustic guitar and string base are added to enhance the noir mood.
5. Decorate My Bones (4:46): strings start off; female vocals enter; violins cry over vocals intoning “decorate my bones”; becomes slowly more electronic and dense; a dark and sorrowful tune.
6. Lied (Prurient Remix) (11:59): starts with fast drums and cymbals; goes to crumpling, electronic noise-scape; female vocals mutate to screams, feedback, and insect-like electronic sounds zig-zagging around; deep droning continues for minutes (no vocals); crunchy guitar comes in with distorted, muffled percussive sounds; pulsing electronic beat enters around minute 6 and leads the song to another level of noise-scape; wordless vocals enter in the ninth minute with percussion similar to the beginning of the song; male voice talking ends the song.