|Pink Elephants, The / Liquid Illusions|
|Add Date:||2017-01-24|| ||Pull Date:||2017-03-28|| |
|Week Ending:||12 Mar||26 Feb||12 Feb||5 Feb||29 Jan|
Nostalgic psychedelic-influenced shoegaze with members from Ottawa, Athens, Austin, and the U.K. Super underrated but prolific band. Easily in my top five favorite records from 2016! |
Related: Brian Jonestown Massacre, Todd Rundgren, Broadcast, Panda Bear
1. (5:07) *** Makes Me Float Inside—Calm, plodding, dreamy.
2. (4:39) Inside Your Mind—Wistful echoey guitars, vocals and drum machine.
3. (4:08) ** Irish Sea Side (instrumental)—Intensely bright warbling guitars, synths, and drums.
4. (3:28) Liquid Illusions (instrumental)—More electronic with a warped techno beat that contrasts with dreamy guitars.
5. (4:17) * Pink’s Dream—Low, hazy male vocals like Anton Newcombe. Adventurous train-whistle synths and chugging rhythm.
6. (3:50) ** After All, It is February—Near identical to Brian Jonestown Massacre. Relaxed, drowsy layers of fuzzed-out guitars and synths. “My eyes are burning”
7. (3:16) * Spiral Staircase—Ominous, bass-driven no wave track.
8. (3:41) Frankie Teardrop (Suicide cover)—Harsh noise, echoes, weird.
9. (4:20) ** Under Currents—Extremely distorted guitars and a light layer of synth.
10. (3:05) * Ode to Street Hassle (Spacemen 3 cover)—Bright, plodding, uplifting.
11. (5:22) *** Undone—Dreamy melancholy shoegaze with swirling guitar. Female vocals.