|Balance And Composure / Light We Made|
|Add Date:||2017-02-01|| ||Pull Date:||2017-04-05|| |
|Week Ending:||19 Feb||12 Feb|
Alternative rock/post-hardcore. Much more toned-down and mellow than their previous work (Separation is one of the greatest albums ever and defined high school for me), but still a solid emo release. A band near and dear to DJ Aporia’s heart.|
Related: Pianos Become the Teeth, Title Fight, catharsis. FCC: 2
1. (4:11) **** Midnight Zone—Dreamy, mellow, with a great bass line. One of my favorite tracks from the past year.
2. (4:00) *** Spinning—FCC “shit” at 0:53 and 2:16. More rock-oriented, super driving. “The single”
3. (3:43) ** Afterparty—Blinding fast, very emo. Chiming guitars.
4. (2:55) For a Walk—Fuzzed-out guitars, distorted vocals, driving bass. Vaguely no wave.
5. (4:29) *** Mediocre Love—Chiming guitars and clear, soaring vocals. Heart-on-sleeve rock.
6. (4:32) ** Postcard—Surreal guitars, vocals and drum machine beat.
7. (3:53) ** Call It Losing Touch—Elevated, driving. Would sound amazing live.
8. (4:34) *** Fame—Windy synth intro and then metallic guitars, drums settle into an insane groove. Blissful heartache.
9. (4:12) Is It So Much to Adore?—Skittering bass, pretty guitar tones, very driving. Not a bad track but sounds like a rehash of the rest.
10. (4:38) Loam—Autotuned vocals and their distinctive guitars. Autotune kills the song, but if you can get past it this is a decent track.