|Ethernet / Outside Of Time|
|Add Date:||2017-04-27|| ||Pull Date:||2017-06-29|| ||Charts:||Classical/Experimental|
|Week Ending:||7 May||30 Apr|
Outside Of Time
(Carpe Sonum Records)
Reviewed by BravoMarco
Tim Grey has produced a lush ambient LP. Heavy on the synths yet remains smooth throughout. Space age & droney elements combining very nicely.
Like: Majeure, Ruhe
All good: Loving 7
No FCC’s (Instrumentals)
1) Dyad (6.57) Quiet & peaceful albeit with a relentless beat. An ocean like quality – (long fade)
2) Hypnosis (8.06) Hypnotic pulse takes us far away on this spacey adventure.
3) Satellites (7.11) Slow & deliberate with intergalactic swirls.
4) Arcana (7.12) Similar to previous with an ever so slightly harsher sound.
5) Timeless (12.32) Deeply relaxing softer tones. Let your troubles float away...Synths do play a more energized role late on.
6) Cosmology (6.10) The Steve Reich moment. Synths carry on from the previous track & bury themselves in your brain.
7) Clock Faces (7.09) Soothing pulse making a glorious sound.
8) Spells (4.24) Synths playing around with the tranquil background.