|Velveteins, The / A Hot Second With The Velveteins|
|Add Date:||2017-03-22|| ||Pull Date:||2017-05-24|| |
|Week Ending:||28 May||21 May||14 May||7 May||30 Apr||23 Apr||16 Apr||2 Apr|
Edmonton, Canada’s The Velveteins are a guitar pop trio and A Hot Second With The Velveteins is their latest release. The Velveteins are obsessed with mid1960s pop music and this extended play reflects that - hints of surf, doo-wop, British invasion rock, and everything in between. The relaxing tone of the EP and the crooner singing approach makes everything work smoothly.|
RIYL: Girls, Black Tambourine, The Growlers, Ultimate Painting and The Libertines.
Recommended Tracks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 6
1. (2:43) **Monica Louise – Medium-up tempo recording with a cool mid 1960s rock vibe.
2. (4:32) **Hanging From The Ceiling– Doo-wop meets surf. Slow tempo. Nice.
3. (3:20) *Baby Blue – Medium tempo country rock ballad. Sweet.
4. (1:36) *Beach Reprise– Medium tempo instrumental. Beach sounds and surf guitars.
5. (3:12) Shimmy Shake – Medium tempo chill rocker. The Libertines would be proud.
6. (2:25) *Sunhat [Live] – Medium-up tempo track. Nice memories.