|Add Date:||2017-04-12|| ||Pull Date:||2017-06-14|| ||Charts:||RPM/Electronica, Classical/Experimental|
|Week Ending:||21 May||14 May||7 May||30 Apr||23 Apr||16 Apr|
Ambient/industrial. Dedekind Cut is Fred Warmsley III, a producer and sound artist from Sacramento. He’s worked with the hip hop collective Pro Era and produced breakcore and noise records. $uccessor is his debut record as Dedekind Cut, and it finds him channeling Arca in an overall cinematic way. Highly recommended. |
Related: Arca, Tim Hecker, Oneohtrix Point Never
1. (2:48) * Descend From Now—Dramatic, sweeping ambient. Full-on white noise in second half.
2. (4:02) ** Instinct—Metallic bursts, vocal fragments lead in to a more peaceful synth/chime melody. Noisy industrial textures layer in last minute, very Arca.
3. (8:33) *** Conversations with Angels (feat. DJ Shadow and Chino Amobi)—Windy, desolate ambient with some warmer tones. Found sound, whistling electronics at times.
4. (4:26) ** Fear in Reverse—Distorted voice, noise, choppy shifts in volume. Settles into peaceful ambient after two minutes before a frantic synth finish.
5. (4:14) *** Maxine—Strong, direct blasts of noise. Angelic choral voices and chime.
6. (5:02) *** Yin/Yang—Ascendant, liturgical atmosphere. Gradually builds in noisier textures.
7. (4:07) 5ucc3550r—A little confusing, reprise of warm keys along with some heavy noise. Straightforward ambient fade.
8. (4:25) *** Integra—Jazzy sounds, white noise, sounds of water. Intensely nostalgic. Another long ambient fade.
9. (3:56) **** 46:50 (feat. Active Child)—Glowing, longing, mystical ambient. Sinister voices, piano to close. Feels extremely sad.
10. (2:26) *** Bonus 1 “Untitled”—Fuzzy bass guitar and ominous keys, increasing ambience. Tim Hecker.
11. (5:45) ** Bonus 2 “In a room”—Reverberating vox, lonely frenetic synths wander over a rumbling ambient background. Cinematic.
12. (4:32) * Bonus 3 “Ayahuasca binary 0|0”—Piano and wordless echoing vocals steadily get louder, more chaotic. Soft piano outro.