|Hollyn / One-Way Conversations|
|Add Date:||2017-03-28|| ||Pull Date:||2017-05-30|| |
|Week Ending:||4 Jun||28 May||21 May||23 Apr||9 Apr|
Hollyn/One-Way Converations/ Gotee Records|
One-Way Conversations is Christian pop artist Hollyn’s first full studio album (previously she released a self-titled EP). She has strong, creative vocals (as evidenced by her near final round appearance in American Idol S. 12) and clever lyrics. She transitions seamlessly from pop, dance, and funky R&B songs, to ballads and worship music. Overall, it’s a very upbeat, fun yet thoughtful album with many tracks that make you want to dance! If you like Tori Kelly, Lauren Daigle, or V.Rose, you’ll love Hollyn. Favorite Tracks: 5, 10, 11 No FCCs. Reviewed by Kesha of Lift Jesus Higher!
1. (4:23) Distorted elec. Guitar intro. Med tempo. Song starts simple and then builds and transition into driving beat and then into full dance feel complete with electronic sounds and vocal distortion echoes. Finishes like it begins.
2. (3:31) Funky pop song with a catchy hook. Med/Fast tempo.
3. (3:24) Starts with sweet acoustic guitar riff, med tempo, transitions into more pop beat with electronic sounds and echoes. Alternate between acoustic and electronic sounds throughout.
4. (2:55) Upbeat dance track lots of electronic keyboards, electric guitar dominant chorus. Feel good song.
5. (3:38) Ballad, piano plays consistent throughout. Slow tempo. Builds and crescendos throughout, but has nice breakdown before each chorus.
6. (3:30) Classic party tune, lift your hands, grab a dance partner. Vocals and rap by guest artists Steven Malcolm and Andy Mineo. Med/Fast tempo.
7. (3:25) Med/slow tempo, catchy hook and smooth r&b feel, chorus has nice simple piano riff.
8. (2:52) Fast, electronic, pop song, nice beat with slight old school hip-hop feel. Guest artist and producer tobyMac & the DiverseCity band)
9. (2:32) Light harmonies and adlibs start this med. tempo r&b ballad, with some backbeat. Med Tempo. Sweet and pensive love song. Beat drops midway through
10. (2:57) R&B/soul ballad feel with guest artist Tree Giants. Med groove. Nice hook. Laid back feel.
11. (3:23) Dance techno remix of her earlier released song with guest band Capital Kings. Lots of synth and staccato snare drums that lead into a dub step-“ish” ending.