Dreamy, lush slowcore folk from Galway. Minimal, naturalistic, melancholy, with lots of reverb. Power’s free, airy singing style pairs wonderfully with the generally blissed out production, and her songs have tinges of traditional Irish folk. All songs are slow unless otherwise noted. RIYL: Marissa Nadler, Sibylle Baier, Broken Twin, Tiny Vipers, 4AD in the ‘80s. Favorites: 1, 3, 7, 8. No FCCs detected.|
1. *(7:40)—Really slow, dark full band plod. Reminiscent of Low.
2. (5:07)—Just piano and voice. Spacious, peaceful.
3. *(3:31)—Droning pump organ, really nice m/f duet.
4. (3:45)—Deep, dark, misty guitar and bass. Haunting.
5. (4:31)—Similar to track 2. Wistful.
6. (5:10)–Slow beat. Dark dream pop guitar strumming. Heavy Cocteau Twins vibe.
7. *(5:07)—Swooning strings, simple piano. Wow is this gorgeous. Builds in the middle, turns briefly into a trippy carousel drum jam.
8. *(4:27)—Lo-fi, old-timey feel. Peaceful, head-bobbing finger picking. Happy harmonies.