|Add Date:||2017-12-31|| ||Pull Date:||2018-03-04|| |
|Week Ending:||11 Feb||4 Feb||28 Jan||14 Jan||7 Jan|
Funky big band horns and guitar are T I G H T! Epic, intense funk arrangements here, but the band infuses many different genres into the tracks. Mostly instrumental, but sometimes some shouting/screamo to up the ante. I want these guys to play at my imaginary wedding party.|
RIYL Antibalas, Bootsy Collins, James Brown
Recommended tracks: 1, 6, 9, 10, 12
1. (5:03) Instrumental energetic minor key horn breakdown with supporting baseline. A complex melody that doesn't get old.
2. (3:12) DDPP = dance dance party party! Can't sit still with this horn and guitar line.
3. (4:50) Sexy Spanish horn feel morphs into hardcore screamo, then back again. Ends up with an electric guitar solo.
4. (5:22) Super funky breakdown on the horns with the baseline keeping the "nothin' but the funk" feel alive.
5. (5:58) Reggae beat that builds to fast-moving midway through the track, then treats us to a great horn solo.
6. (4:50) Funky deep notes lead us along a magic tango dancing ride with entrances from guitars and horns.
7. (4:48) An urgent freight train of horns is coming your way - hear that whistle blow. Chugga-chugga!
8. (3:01) May the power of funk compel you to dance during this energetic James Brown-sy interlude!
9. (6:20) Deep sax leads unto a long funk sojourn. "Live, love, learn to be human" shouted lyrics. A dynamic melody that ebbs and flows.
10. (6:10) "May the funk be with you!" The band gets possessed by the spirit of the funk, swirling into a crescendo of funky ecstasy.
11. (3:45) A "Hot Pants" kind of vocal breakdown, but with "hot damn" instead.
12. (7:23) Getting Middle Eastern here with the most lyrics of all. I'm down to funky belly dance right about now, and then headbang it out after.