|Add Date:||2017-04-27|| ||Pull Date:||2017-06-29|| |
|Week Ending:||2 Jul||25 Jun||18 Jun||11 Jun||4 Jun||28 May||21 May||14 May|
Finally! 22 years later we get a new Slowdive record. This is "real shoegaze", not that Whirr or Ringo Deathstarr stuff you’ve been hearing these days. And it’s great! Sounds like Slowdive, nothing particularly ambitious but still a gorgeous listen. Highly recommended and not just because I’m obsessed with this genre. |
Related: My Bloody Valentine, Lush, Creation Records
1. (6:53) **** Slomo—Mellow, classic Slowdive. LOVE
2. (5:38) *** Star Roving—Driving, fuzzy guitars. Gorgeous, anthemic.
3. (4:37) *** Don’t Know Why—Chiming guitars and dreamy droning vocals. Middle section gets more minimal with mostly just Neil’s vox. Lovely.
4. (4:30) ** Sugar for the Pill—Somber opening, mostly bass and Neil’s vox. Dreamy layered guitars, Rachel’s vox come in. Reminds me a lot of Just For a Day.
5. (4:22) Everyone Knows—Anthemic. Very intense wall of sound with barely discernible vox. Indie pop leanings. Sounds a lot like Sugar for the Pill.
6. (5:48) ** No Longer Making Time—Smooth chiming guitar intro, dreamy dual vox. Gets satisfying and gazey after a minute and half. Comforting.
7. (6:09) **** Go Get It—Dark, mysterious, with some nice bass. Dreamy chaos
8. (8:00) ** Falling Ashes—Piano and slowly building guitars. Sparse, echoing vox.