|Swimming In Bengal / Garden Of Idle Hands|
|Add Date:||2017-04-27|| ||Pull Date:||2017-06-29|| ||Charts:||Classical/Experimental|
|Week Ending:||11 Jun||21 May||14 May||7 May||30 Apr|
Slow-burning local drone/psychedelia that takes inspiration from Middle Eastern and Indian classical improvisation. Live set recorded to tape. Includes harmonium, sax, flute, drums, gourd guitar.|
Related: KFJC, San Kazakgascar, free jazz/eclectic drone
1. (10:27) *** The Transmitter is Jammed—Slow, foggy. Gets into a groove in the second half.
2. (0:34) Dwunk—Primitive guitar plucking, a little playful.
3. (3:20) ** Night Squirrels—Bright guitar and hand drums, strong Middle Eastern influences.
4. (6:50) *** Apricot Haze—Lovely drone and guitar strumming. Mystical sax weaves through the smoke.
5. (8:53) ** Locusts—Tribal noise, gets into some very free jazz.
6. (0:40) The Gong Show—Crashing gong interlude.
7. (10:13) *** Breathe In, Breathe Ouch—Plaintive flute, slow meditative drums. Some rich harmonium at times. Guitar figures more prominently at the end.