|Add Date:||2017-05-25|| ||Pull Date:||2017-07-27|| ||Charts:||RPM/Electronica|
|Week Ending:||16 Jul||9 Jul||2 Jul||11 Jun||4 Jun||28 May|
|DJ Emo Martian|
Techno suffers from an epidemic of self-seriousness. Luckily Randomer didn't catch the bug! This sounds like what could happen if one of the Berlin boys lightened up a bit, laid off the cigarettes, and decided to round up some friends for a recording session in the rainforest. Gorgeous production with great percussion sounds throughout.|
Choice cuts: 3, 4, 5
Genre: Minimal-ish techno, tribal dance, amphetamine pow-wow
Friends: Mark Ernestus' Ndagga Rhythm Force, RSS B0YS, Snow Bone, Clouds, Tony Allen
1. (4:57) Layered but not over-the-top percussion arrangement reminiscent of a drum circle that's really cooking. Very organic-sounding production. Wacky samples surprise and delight.
2. (5:40) Stomping good time with congas, woody mallet percussion and simple syncopated kick pattern.
3. (5:26) Some more joyfully improvisational mallets, shakers dizzyingly alternating between left and right channel, monstrous exotic-sounding kick drum holding things down.
4. (5:43) Super tasty scratchy sounds and a badass 4x4 kick. Urgent synth washes and hand drum parts provide serious propulsion. Toeing the line between human and machine on this one. Sickness!
5. (5:42) Off-the-wall timbale-esque melodic percussion with some relentless shakers. Somewhat unexpectedly, the last section is a slab of some dead serious, no-holds-barred peak-time techno. Would love to hear this one next to some Tresor-school industrial stomper!