|Add Date:||2017-06-15|| ||Pull Date:||2017-08-17|| ||Charts:||RPM/Electronica|
|Week Ending:||16 Jul||9 Jul||2 Jul||25 Jun||18 Jun|
Synthwave/slow-motion funk. Seth Haley’s first LP in six years and it might just be his best yet. Inspired equally by virtual traveler Com Truise’s move from Wave 1 to a more peaceful planet and Haley’s move from the East Coast to LA, the emotional character is one of boundless, flowing nostalgia. Stellar production quality tops off this gorgeous 80s space meditation. Music for standing on the surface of the moon watching the world pass you by.|
Related: Shigeto, Chrome Sparks, Nosaj Thing
Favorites: 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 12
1. (3:28) *** ...Of Your Fake Dimension—Arpeggiated synth intro. Slowly pounding beats & glowing synth riffs. Huge sound.
2. (4:17) Ephemeron—Subdued. Chunky bass line stays consistent while some other crisscrossing synths join. Noise breakdown at end.
3. (4:46) ** Dryswch—Still subdued but a bit more nostalgic. Dreamy ambient parts and floating synths.
4. (4:26) ** Isostasy—Glitchy vox to begin. Beat drops and brings in some more rolling crystalline grooves.
5. (3:35) *** Memory—Minimal synth intro, voice says “memory.” Steadily builds more colorful, skittering synths. Finishes in an elevating way.
6. (4:10) ** Propagation—Warm, effusive. Liquid synth finish.
7. (3:19) Vacuume—Slow, drawn-out, disjunct synths. Strong bass undercurrent and nice dreamy voice accents.
8. (4:12) *** Ternary—Total 80s nostalgia. Shimmering, romantic.
9. (3:42) Usurper—Darker, doleful to start. Lonesome ringing synth gets things into a cheesy 80s arcade jam.
10. (4:44) Syrthio—Heavy pounding synths, bass swells. Propulsive.
11. (5:39) When Will You Find the Limit...—Stupidly happy and contented, would not be out of place at a Burning Man sunrise set.
12. (3:37) ** Iteration—Sunny, celestial, majestic. Punchy synths. Reminds me a little of Tycho.